Standard Leather Colors (6-8mm thick): Walnut – dark brown, Black, Natural – light tan aging to golden bronze. See pictures below.
Specialty Leather Colors: Oil Tanned Brown (6-7mm), Soft Italian Burnt Orange (2mm) Soft Italian Dark Chocolate Brown (2mm)
Mental picture of this leather: Think Simon the tanner, not Gucci.
Many have chosen to recover a newer Bible before it suffers binding damage.
Some things you should know about your new cover.
- The lifetime warranty is on the binding. If the leather separates from the binding, send it to us and we will restore it.
- Each piece of leather has unique markings, crackle, grain, stamps, and occasionally even brandings. There will never be a cover like yours.
- Leather is hand cut, bound to the Bible, then custom hand cut again to fit the unique lie of the pages. This is a custom hand craft, no machines are used, and therefore there are variations to each Bible.
- Scuffs and scratches will “wear-in” over time. Water or other stains will also “wear-in”, but will take longer.
- Brown (on Walnut) or Black saddle soap can be applied as owner desires. It is wise to start small to get a feel for the impact of the polish.
- If cover needs encouragement to relax, kneed it like a new baseball glove, or set a book on it at night.
- The black Gorilla tape is cosmetic compared to the leather. Expected life of tape: 15 years
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call or email me @ 719-659-2759 or firstname.lastname@example.org